October 2016 SmartCMS Release Notes
Look for the 'Edit Website' button appearing in the upper right hand-corner of your database to know if these updates apply to you. SmartCMS is MicroNet's Content Management System (CMS) that allows you to edit and manage your own website. If you use a different product to edit your website, then these SmartCMS updates will not apply to you.
New Styling Options
There are two new styling options available for adding some 'pop' to your website.
- CM/MZ Widget Module Feed "Box" Style - Display your Module Feeds in a colorful fashion with the new Box style.
- This styling option has many built-in color choices using your website theme colors including alternating color sets, individual color, and also a custom color.
- Apply this new style to any Module Feed: Upcoming Events, Featured Events, News Releases, New Members or Featured Members.
- Display up to 5 items in a content area, and for optimal display and impact we recommend using a full width content area on your web page.
- Border Button - The Custom Links Content Option now has a new Border Button styling option.
- Buttons with borders can now be created.
- Display a single button or multiple buttons in any content area.
- With the new transparency option added to the Color Picker in this release, the popular 'Ghost Button' style is obtainable, resulting in a see-through, Border Button look. Especially noticeable on those themes that support Custom Links displaying over images.
Main Menu Sitemap.xml
A new Main Menu Sitemap.xml file for search engines is now in place for your website. Site maps serve as a way to communicate directly with the search engines, by alerting them to new or changed content quickly and help to ensure that the content is indexed faster. This is an added SEO value to your website.
Other Items in This Release
- New delete options for the Deleted Content box including deleting content individually and a Clear All option to delete all content.
- Alignment choices added for Sponsor Ads CM/MZ Widget.
- Transparency (Alpha Channel) option added to the Color Picker for added flexibility when choosing a color.
Providing new features and more benefits is something that MicroNet, Inc. is committed to. Software release features are often generated from your feature requests. Those requests may be combined or adapted to fit with other requests or in response to industry related changes. We listen, evaluate, and implement based on greatest impact, most-requested, ability to integrate, and time-saving implication. In evaluating the benefit of one software release over another, realize that sometimes the updates have required much programming time but are not always visible in tangible terms. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your members.