Refund a GZ Pay Transaction
From Support Wiki
Refund a GrowthZone Pay Transaction
At times you may need to refund a GrowthZone Pay transaction. This will be a two step process, first you will refund to the credit card, then you will create the reversing transaction.
- Click Billing in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click the Reports tab.
- Click Payment Processing Reports / Management Tools in the Banking section.
- Locate the payment you wish to refund. You can click the Select Member link to choose a specific member, or you can enter a specific date range.
- For the desired payment, click the Refund link in the Actions column.
- NOTE: Unsettled may be displayed in the Action column instead of Refund. Unsettled indicates that this transaction is very new - typically less than 24 hours old. After about 24 hours, the credit card company will allow a refund to be processed.
- Click OK to process the refund. NOTE: You may also update the Refund Amount if you wish to only process a partial refund.
- Click Yes to confirm you wish to process the refund.
- After the refund is process, click Yes to create the matching accounting transaction. IMPORTANT: If the payment was made towards a receipt, the option to automatically create the matching transaction will not be presented. You will need to create a negative sales receipt on the members account tab for the matching transaction. See Create a Negative Sales Receipt for a GZ Pay Transaction.
- On the receipt screen, the line items that were paid with this credit card will be displayed. The total will be set to a negative value. If you are refunding the entire payment.If you are doing a partial refund, remove the negative sign from the items you are not refunding.
- Click Save.
Create a Negative Sales Receipt for a GZ Pay Receipt
- For the desired member, click the Account tab.
- Click the New Sales Receipt button in the Transaction History section.
- Select the fee item for which you are processing the refund from the Item Type list.
- Enter a negative amount to reflect the refund in the Price column.
- Click Save.