Reps may be limited in what they can access in the Member information Center by using permission assignments. These individual permissions are then grouped together and saved as a permission set and then assigned to a rep.
- Tip: Take advantage of the default permission sets that are already created. You may find that these already have your desired permissions selected or that minor tweaking will make them work great for your needs. These default sets in combination with automatic inheritance of these permissions will make handling permissions very simple. However, custom options are available if needed.
Definition of drop-down permission options:
- Read/Write – full access granted to this particular area
- Read Only – ability only to view this particular area
- Disabled – this particular is not visible at all
- Enabled – this area is available (same as Read/Write)
- Register Only – available only on the Events selection (same as Read Only but allows event registration)
The checkbox must be selected in order to allow any permissions in this section. Removing the checkmark from Member Info would remove all access to the areas in that section. For example, "Member Info" must be selected to allow any permissions in this section.
- Figure: Individual Permissions
Allow Login to MIC
When selected, this enables the rep to successfully access the Member Information Center if proper login credentials are provided. If this is de-selected, the attempt to login will display a message “The Account has been disabled.”
Allow Event Registrations
When selected, this enables the rep to register for events using their login credentials on any event with registration available on the public website. Reps with this selection would not be required to login to the Member Information Center in order to register for events.
If there is a need to keep a representative from accessing the Member Information Center but still register for events, this selection is enabled and “Allow Login to MIC” is de-selected. Rarely is “Allow Event Registrations” de-selected.
If searching for members should be allowed, set selections as follows:
If searching for members should not be allowed, set selections as follows:
Details of what may be viewed and accessed within the member search is controlled on a global level under Setup->Member Login Area Options and Settings.
- Pay Bills Online – grants access to the list of invoices and ability to make payment. For those with integrated billing, this selection also allows access to the Account History selection in the Member Information Center
- Business Info – grants access to the member’s profile including their company name, address, phone number, company email address, website address, fax number, and number of employees.
- Bus. Categories – grants access to the business categories that the member belongs to. “Read Only” access would not allow changes. “Read/Write” would allow member to change their own category.
- Employees/Reps – grants access to all reps in their own member association. “Read/Write” access would allow this rep to create and delete other reps and basically manage the other rep profiles. “Read Only” access would allow only the ability to view the information. This permission is often given to the Primary rep. This also gives Individual Profile rights as well.
- Individual Profile – grants access to your own individual information (own profile). “Read/ Write” access is often given every rep so that each individual may manage their own personal information.
- Login/Password – grants access to the login and password for the currently logged-in rep.
- Webpage Info – grants access to the Member Information Page information such as association/member description, displayed address and phone number, social network address, hours of operation and driving directions.
- Photos & Logos – grants access to upload photos and logos that would be displayed in the member directory and on the Member Information Page.
- Keywords – grants access to the keywords that may be entered. Keywords are additional words that a consumer may use when searching the web site business directory.
- Hot Deals – grants access to area where Hot Deals and Member to Member Deals are created, viewed and modified.
- Job Postings – grants access to area where Jot Postings are created, viewed and modified.
- Events – grants access to area where Events are created and modified. Registration for events is also done in this area. “Read/Write” access would allow the rep to submit events for consideration on the public calendar in addition to all other rights. The permission “Register Only” would allow the rep to register for events but not submit events for inclusion on the calendar.
- MarketSpace – grants access to area where MarketSpace items are created, viewed and modified.
- Lead Lists – grants access to list of leads generated by the Info Request module.
- Home Page Hits – grants access to a report displaying the website traffic on the Member’s Information Page
- Sponsor Ad Hits – grants access to a report displaying the website traffic for any (banner) ads running on the website. Banner ad reporting requires the Marketing Package.
- Hot Deal Hits – grants access to a report displaying the website traffic on Hot Deal coupons and/or Member to Member coupons.
- Job Hits – grants access to a report displaying the website traffic on Job Postings.
- Profile – grants access to a report displaying the member association information.
- MarketSpace Hits – grants access to a report displaying the website traffic on MarketSpace.
User Manuals – grants access to a PDF file created to assist members in using the Member Information Center. Applicable to version 1.0 of the Member Information Center only.