Assign Discount When Payment is Received
From Support Wiki
- Click Billing in the left-hand menu.
- Click the Payments tab.
- Locate the desired member from which to receive payment.
- Click View Credits & Discounts.
- Click Add Discount.
- The Invoice Discount screen will display.
- Type the Discount Amount, Notes/Memo (if desired), and double-check the Discounted Item and Discount Account.
- Note: The Discount Account must be identified as an Income account in Setup->Chart of Accounts. In Figure 3-19 above, a special Income account titled “Membership Dues Discounts” has been created that will maintain a list of discounted membership dues specifically for keeping track of early payment discounts.
- Note: If Transaction Classes have been created, a Class drop-down selection will appear on the screen. Select the desired Class for this transaction.
- Click Save Discount.