From Support Wiki
If you are just getting started with Groups, watch this overview video. Otherwise, just scroll down for FAQ, Common Tasks, and this section's Help Documentation.
Create a Group
- Click Groups in the left-hand menu.
- Click Create a Group on the Home tab.
- Complete the following settings:
- Group Name: Enter a name for the new group.
- Group Type: Select a group type from the drop-down list.
- Status: Select Enabled from the drop down list.
- Description Enter an optional description of the new group.
- Click Save.
- Click the Group Name of the new group on the Home tab.
- Click the General tab.
- Configure the following settings as desired:
- Member Options
- Allow members to view/search this group in Member Information Center - When selected, this roster list will be shown as a group/interest that may be searched by members in the Member Information Center.
- Allow members to join/leave this group within the Member Information Center. - When selected, members will have opportunity to join/leave this group/interest on their own in the Member Information Center. The selection of Group Participant list or Rep Interest list determines where the selection will take place – under Groups or under Interests. Interests.
- Public Options
- Allow the public to view this group roster at /groups/GroupRoster/young-professionals-4 - When selected, this group will display on your website in the Groups public module. Click Public Display Settings to modify how the group is displayed.
- Allow the public to join/leave this group at /communication - When selected, this group will appear on your public website at the suggested URL where the public may add themselves to the group. This is often used for consumers to subscribe to (join) your mailing lists.
- Additional Options:
- Display this group name on the Email Subscriptions opt-in/out page - This selection will ensure that the name of the group is displayed on the resulting opt-in/out page that uniquely displays for a recipient of an email when they click the Unsubscribe link in the bottom of their email.
- Disable ability to opt-out from this groups' emails. (also overrides prior email opt-outs) - When selected, this group cannot be unsubscribed from. Select this checkbox to make sure your board members or other committee members don't accidentally unsubscribe themselves from your group. Use only on rare occasions when you know your subscribers have agreed to this email relationship with you.
- Display this group in "about" section of "Community App". (app required) - When selected, this group will be accessible through the community app (when purchased).
- Click Save.
Browse the Groups Table of Contents