If you are just getting started with the SmartCMS, watch this overview video. Otherwise, just scroll down for FAQ, Common Tasks, and this the SmartCMS Help Documentation.
SmartCMS Video Tutorials
Managing Your SmartCMS Site
The Page Properties Tab The Page Properties tab allows for updating of individual settings for each page.
- Published: When the Published checkbox is checked, the page content will be visible and live on the internet. If the Published checkbox is unchecked: when you are logged into your website, you can see the page; individuals viewing the live website won’t be able to see the page. Scheduled Publishing is available with the ability to select dates, times and time zones for the page to be published.
- Layout: Multiple layout options are available. Layouts control how the page looks. Common layouts are Left Sidebar, Right Sidebar, and No Sidebar.
- Title: The title text that displays in the browser tab can be changed in this section.
- Page Description (Meta): The Meta Page Description describes what can be found on the page. We recommend adding a short description to all the pages created, as search engines look for this to display on search engine results pages.
The Menu Tab The Menu tab is where you can make additions or changes to the main menu.
- One Tier Menu or Basic Mega Menu can be selected. Both options display optimally in mobile devices.
- One Tier Menu – The sub links will display in a one tier dropdown format
- Basic Mega Menu – For websites that have many links, the Basic Mega Menu provides grouping of links while organizing the links in sections, all in an optimal display for multiple devices.
- By clicking on Add Page, you are able to add a new navigation or page. Here you will be able to create a new page, dropdown menu, Module link, or external link. The same navigation options will display if you click the “+” box next to the menu heading titles.
- For a New Page, type in the desired title, make sure the New Page is selected, and click save. A dialog box will appear with page options. A new page creation will automatically create a Heading 1 title for the page. Heading 1 titles are an important SEO element.
- For a new menu title, select Dropdown Item and hit save. The new title will automatically display in first in the menu. You can now drag the menu title to preferred location. Menu titles can be edited, disabled, or deleted to the right of the title. Clicking the “+” on the left hand side will expand the dropdown to show the pages within the main menu item.
- To add a Module page, type in the title of the page, selected Module and then use the dropdown menu to select a module before clicking save. Modifications can be added to the module link to add extra parameters.
- Select External Link to add a page title and hyperlink. You have a choice to have the link open in a separate tab.
Browse the SmartCMSTable of Contents