Will the software warn me if I try to create a duplicate member?
From Support Wiki
Revision as of 09:25, 12 August 2015 by SPederson
Yes. While creating a new representative or new member, an Immediate warning message with matching member name displays under these conditions:
- Rep first and last name match a rep first and last name already in the database
- Company name matches a company name already in the database
- Primary phone of the company matches a primary company phone in the database
- Website address matches the Website address of another record in the database
- The search for duplicates includes members of all statuses. The duplicate member may then be created if desired, after warning is given.
- Note: Duplicate members are allowed into the system without warning through the submission of an online membership application. Applicant records are created with Prospective status. You may then choose to merge the new applicant into any existing member if desired.