Working with GrowthZone Pay
- 1 GrowthZone Pay Processing Overview
- 2 Initial Set Up
- 3 Member Payment Options
- 4 Recurring Charges Setup
- 5 Manage and View GrowthZone Pay Transactions
- 6 Point of Sale Setup
- 7 Running a Single Direct Transaction
- 8 Mobile Card Reader
- 9 FAQs
GrowthZone Pay Processing Overview
Accept payments using GrowthZone Pay. Members can securely store their account information to conveniently pay for events or futures invoices. In addition, recurring charges may be setup to make sure membership dues are automatically collected when your invoice batch is run.
Due to the tight integration with your database, there is no need to log into a separate portal to view successes or failures, perform refunds or view statements from your processor. It’s all included within your Integrated Billing screens – even providing a virtual terminal for running single direct charges.
- Automatic recurring credit/debit card charges so you are sure to get your payments
- Safe storage of payment card info for convenient event registration and member payments
- Automatic matching of credit card payments with invoices, saving hours of labor
- Payment of invoices using bank account (US customers only)
- Automatic bank draft (ACH) option available and included with setup (US customers only)
- Online, real-time statements and bank deposit/transfer reports
- Virtual terminal included for running single direct charges
- Convenience – one management location, integrated with billing, simple
- Inclusive pricing – all features, integrated, single point of support – one simple rate!
- Mobile card reader use with the premium staff app to allow smooth, efficient checkout at events
- Point of Sale feature - sell one-off items like raffle tickets, silent auction items
Click here for more information.
Initial Set Up
This video walks you through the step-by-step process (outlined below) of getting set up with GrowthZone Pay.
Entering Your Information
- After your account has been enabled by customer support, log into the back office with administrative permissions and go to Setup ➝ Billing Options & Settings ➝ Credit Cards section.
- Click the Account Setup button.
- When the "Setup - GrowthZone Pay Processing" screen appears, select your country and click the "Sign up" button. GrowthZone and Stripe's terms and conditions can be viewed on this page (these terms and conditions can also be viewed in the Billing Setup page at any time).
- Complete the form, clicking the info link to get more information about a field. You can add more than one bank account, but only one can be set as active.
- Click Save. Once submitted, this information is reviewed by Stripe, the company we partner with to bring you GrowthZone Pay. #While still in the Credit Card section of the Billing Options & Settings page, verify the settings are configured the way you would like them and click Save.
- Click Billing ➝ Reports ➝ Payment Processing Reports / Management Tools in the "Banking" section.
- Open the Other Reports, Features and Settings section.
- Enter a valid email address in the "Email address for dispute transactions" section.
NOTE: If the Canadian user is setting up GrowthZone Pay, but they don't have a properly formatted routing number they likely have a canadian MICR Number in the format of BBBBB-AAA. To use this MICR Number it needs to be converted to a routing number format which would be Routing Number - 0AAABBBBB
Running a Test
- While still in the Other Reports, Features & Settings, locate the Process a single direct transaction section, enter an amount of at least $0.50, enter a description to help you identify this transaction on your bank account and click Continue.
- A pop-up screen should appear with a form to enter your email address and credit card information. Enter the information of a valid credit card to charge this live transaction to, then click the Pay button.
- Once you click the Pay button, you will see the transaction in the Payment Card Transactions report at the bottom of the screen, as well as on the Monthly Statement. You will also see this transaction in the Bank Account Deposits/Transfer report after two business days.
- Your account is live and ready to process transactions!
Member Payment Options
Once your account has been set up and you have run a test transaction, members will be able to pay their bills when logged into the MIC with appropriate permissions. They can pay by credit card or with a checking or savings account.
Paying with a Credit Card
This video shows how members can pay for an event using a stored credit card.
During the checkout process, when paying for an event or invoice, members will have the option to save a credit card for future transactions by clicking the Securely Save this Card checkbox. If a member would like to add a card as a payment profile without making a payment, they simply need to add a payment profile in the MIC by going to Account Settings ➝ Billing ➝ Payment Profile. Note: Storing and using payment profiles is only available to fully authenticated users, (ie, the user must enter their login and password).
NOTE: There are no batches with our GrowthZone Payment Processing as all transactions are captured immediately. So any dependence would be on the banks and credit card companies themselves.
Paying with a Bank Account
This video shows how members store a bank account, verify and then use later.
Members who would like to pay for one-time or recurring transactions with a bank account (U.S. banks only) must first set the account up as a Payment Profile in the MIC and then have it be verified.
Setting up a bank account as a Payment Profile
- Log in to the Member Information Center with admin or billing permissions.
- Click Account Settings ➝ Billing in the upper right part of the screen.
- On the left menu under Billing, click Payment Profiles.
- Click Add a New Payment Profile.
- Under Payment Information, select the Bank Account option.
- Complete the form with all the required fields.
- Click the Add Profile button.
- Before the bank account can be used to make a payment, it must be verified. Look for two small deposits in your account in the next couple of days; edit the profile and enter those amounts.
Recurring Charges Setup
Request authorization from your members to implement automatic payments on their behalf and encourage them to enter their credit card or bank account (US banks only) into the Member Information Center.
Tip: We’ve created an email template as a suggestion and starting point. Open the email template “Automatic Monthly Payment Invitation”, modify with any desired changes and send to your members. This template includes a login link to bring the member directly to the location where they will enter their credit card or bank account (US customers only). It also includes suggested authorization verbiage that you should modify to fit your needs, noticing especially the use of the mail merge field [Annual Fees and Dues Amount] which displays a total value of all recurring Membership Fees and Dues assigned to their account. If you already have account info stored with your previous processor, here is a suggested wording change to the "Automatic Monthly Payment Invitation" email template. http://screencast.com/t/d8jweRM6dl7
Note: Members have an option to notify you once they’ve entered their Payment Profile and would like to setup automatic payments. This will send an email to the address listed under Setup ➝ Billing Options and Settings under Credit Cards section. If no email is selected here, the email under Setup ➝ Association Information will be notified.
2. Assign or modify the members' Membership Fees and Dues and associate them with the correct Payment Profile.
|Note: After saving, the Frequency column will then display (epayment).|
3. Follow-up with the member by sending them a confirmation.
|Tip: We’ve created an email template as a suggestion and starting point. Open the email template “Automatic Payment Confirmation”, modify with any desired changes and send to your members.
Manage and View GrowthZone Pay Transactions
This video shows where to view and manage your transactions.
All transactions, refund options, processing fees, statements, and reports can be viewed under Billing ➝ Reports tab. Select Payment Processing Reports / Management Tools.
Point of Sale Setup
When using GrowthZone Pay, you have an ability to setup and run point of sale functionality using the staff app from the App Store (iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android). Used with the mobile card reader, this new Point of Sale module will provide quick checkout and a smooth, efficient customer experience. Watch this short video to see how it works - https://www.screencast.com/t/z82XP8dHq
Accept credit card purchases for items like:
- raffle tickets
- silent auction items
- a Mulligan at your next golf tournament
To sell Point of Sale items:
1. Open the staff app.
2. Select from a list of your Point of Sale Fee items.
|Tip: Create your Point of Sale fee items under Setup->Fee Items List. Assign them the Fee Item Type of Point of Sale.|
3. Tap the appropriate POS item(s).
4. Continue with the default guest checkout or select from your database list of members or reps.
5. An appropriate invoice & payment or sales receipt will be created on their member or guest account.
|Tip: The transaction created (invoice/payment or sales receipt) is determined by the setting under Setup->Billing Options and Settings in the Credit Card section.|
Running a Single Direct Transaction
If there are situations where you need to run a transaction for a one-time charge without an invoice or sales receipt. These transactions will not show up in your Integrated Billing reports. It only appears on the Payment Processing Report.
- Click Billing in the left-hand navigation panel
- Click the Reports tab.
- Click Payment Processing Reports / Management Tools.
- Click the plus sign next to Features and Settings.
- In the Process a single direct transaction section, enter an Amount, a Description (optional)
- Click Continue.
- Enter the customer's email address and credit card information.
- Click Pay.
NOTE: No invoice or receipt will be created; this is a single one-off transaction direct to the processor. The transaction will still appear in the Transactions below listed as "Single direct transaction".
Mobile Card Reader
Save time and receive additional convenience by connecting the mobile card reader to your Android or iOS device, login to the staff app and receive event registration payment at the door by swiping the attendees' credit/debit card; automatic invoice and payment (or sales receipt) transaction is immediately created in your database. In addition to taking payment for event registration, the included Point of Sale feature will allow you to receive payment on one-off items like raffle tickets, silent auction items and mulligans.
- Event registration payment using the mobile card reader immediately updates the back office with the billing transaction – no manual matching of payments later
- Payment receipt emailed immediately after submitting payment info
- No surcharge for mobile payment processing; same single, simple rate no matter where/how you process the card
- Using the staff app also gives easy access to the attendee check-in feature.
- Point of Sale module allows smooth, efficient sale of single items such as Raffle tickets, silent auction items or Mulligans
- Use GrowthZone Pay as your credit card solution
- Download or update to the newest version of the Staff app
- Upgrade the Staff app to the Premium edition
- Ensure your Android or iOS device is supported by the card reader.
- Supported Android list
- Note: All Apple iOS devices are supported.
- Purchase the Shuttle mobile card reader from our recommended distributor.
How to Use to Take Event Registration Payment
- Plug in the card reader into the audio jack on your device.
- Open the app and navigate to an event where payment should be taken.
- Click to View Attendees.
- Tap the Money symbol next to the name of the attendee who is paying.
- Tap the Pay with Card button. The screen will say Ready for Swipe.
- Swipe the card. The screen will say Card Read Successfully.
- Click Submit Payment Now.
How to Use with Point of Sale Module
- Plug in the card reader into the audio jack on your device.
- Open the app and choose Point of Sale in the menu.
- Select the desired POS item(s) and tap Continue.
- Continue with the default guest checkout or select from your database list of members or reps.
- The screen will say Ready for Swipe.
- Swipe the card. The screen will say Card Read Successfully.
- Click Submit Payment Now.
|Note: Items you want to sell using Point of Sale must use a Point of Sale Fees Fee Item type:|
Q: What software edition do I need to have?
Q: Can I use GrowthZone Pay if I have the legacy QuickBooks CQI integration?
A: No, not at this time.
Q: What country can I be from (my legal entity) in order to set this up?
A: United States, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom and Australia.
Q: Do I need to be using the updated event registration?
A: United States banks only.
Q: What currency types are supported for the amounts that will be charged to their cards?
Q: What international support is available for bank locations and supported currency.
Q: What payment card types are accepted?
Q: What are the steps involved to get started after my database is enabled with Integrated Payment Processing?
- 1. Login to your database and complete the Account Setup screen.
- 2. Modify any credit card settings if needed.
- 3. Run a quick test.
Q: How long does it take to get setup? Can I process credit card transactions immediately?
Q: Will I be notified when my account is verified?
Q: Where do I enter my verification information?
A: Under Setup ➝ Billing Options and Setting in the Credit Card section. Click Account Setup.
Q: Are there any businesses, business activities or business practices that I may not accept payment from?
Q: What types of card holder verification is supported?
A: CVV and address verification.
Q: Can I have more than one bank account where the transfers are deposited?
Q: Does this solution replace both my merchant account and gateway?
Q: Why do I need to agree to Stripe's terms of agreement when signing up?
A: GrowthZone has implemented the integrated payment card processing using an API provided by Stripe. As part of our agreement with Stripe in using their API, our customers (you) need to agree to both our terms of agreement for the integrated credit card processing and Stripes agreement. In the agreement you are considered the Connected Account and GrowthZone is the Connect Platform.
Q: Who is Stripe?
Q: Is Stripe PCI compliant?
A: Yes. See their information listed here.
Q: What type of security do you have in place?
GrowthZone does not store, process and/or transmit cardholder data. GrowthZone has implemented the integrated payment card processing using an API provided by Stripe which provides a method for securely sending sensitive information to Stripe directly from the customer’s browser. Collection, storage and processing of all cardholder data is all handled by Stripe, Inc.
Q: Do I need to create my own cybersecurity policy?
Switching from Another Processor
Q: Do you have a video I can watch to explain the things I need to consider before switching?
Q: What if I want to switch to Integrated Payment Processing but I have automatic billing setup with a 3rd party processor and have manual epayments assigned to my members which automatically create my transactions for me each month when I run my monthly epayment batch?
A: No problem. There are two ways to approach the transition to Integrated Payment Processing for automatic recurring billing that is currently done outside of the database with a 3rd party processor.
Q: What if I want to switch to Integrated Payment Processing but I have automatic billing setup with Authorize.net and CIM with automatic epayments assigned to my members which automatically create my transactions and bill the customers each month when I run my monthly epayment batch?
A: No problem but there are a few steps to do prior to switching over.
Switching over to Integrated Payment Processing means that all transactions within the database will be processed with this new processor. Consequently, the Authorize.net epayment profiles will no longer work if those profiles are processed with Integrated Payment Processing. And due to PCI compliance rules and other security concerns, these profiles may not be transferred from one processor to another – they must be re-entered. Here would be the steps we would recommend:
- (Optional) Let your members know that changes are coming and in the meantime they temporarily will not be able to pay invoices with stored cards/bank accounts while you clear out the old profiles and switch to the new Integrated Payment Processing.
- Contact customer support or call 800-825-9171 option 4 (the fastest option) and switch to the new Integrated Payment Processing and complete the quick setup steps.
- Follow the steps for setting up recurring billing.
Q: My members have credit card and bank account stored with my 3rd party processor and I use their recurring billing with no transaction automatically created in the database (not using Manual epayments). Can I have these accounts transferred to Integrated Payment Processing or will my members have to re-enter them?
Q: If I switch to the Integrated Payment Processing, does GrowthZone contact my previous processor?
Day to Day Operations
Q: What types of features are available to me?
A: Our Integrated Payment Card processing allows you to start accepting payment cards as payment for event registrations, in the Point of Sale module on the staff app, on your membership application and for invoices in the Member Information Center. You can also setup features such as recurring payment card and bank account billing (US banks only). And your members now have the convenient option of storing their payment cards and/or bank account (US banks only) for convenience when paying online.
Q: Does Integrated Payment Card processing allow us to attach a swipe device?
A: Yes. See the info on Mobile Card Reader.
Q: Is there a minimum purchase that can be made?
A: Yes - 50 cents
Q: What is the maximum size for my Statement Descriptor?
Q: Will I know which staff person processed the single, direct transactions that do not create a billing transactions?
A: Yes. Entries are recorded in the Setup ➝ System Event Log when any transaction is made to the Integrated Payment Card processor. The single, direct transactions specifically mention the name of the staff person who ran the transaction.
Q: Will I receive any emails when purchases are made?
Q: The person who signed up for this account is no longer with the organization. How do I make sure to update this account with an updated contact name?
Q: How do I deactivate/close my account with Stripe and GrowthZone?
A: Contact GrowthZone Customer Service who will deactivate your Stripe account.
Q: How do I issue a refund?
Q: How soon will my customer see the refund in their account?
Q: Are the fees returned to me when doing a full refund?
Q: How soon is money deposited (transferred) into my account?
Q: Why does the date listed on the Deposit/Transfer report not match the date of the actual deposit into my bank?
Q: Do all credit card transactions carry over to the Journal Entry Export report?
Q: How do you recommend I record my transaction fees so that my deposits match what is actually being deposited?
Q: We want our members to pay off their annual dues by paying 3 equal payments in 3 consecutive months. Can we automatically charge a card consecutive months in a row and then stop charges for the remainder of that year?
Q: Can we set our epayments to charge on a particular day of the month?
Q: Can I charge certain members on the 1st and others on the 15th?
Q: Why are so many of my members' cards being declined?
Q: What if I already have automatic credit card processing with a 3rd party company but want to get setup with Integrated Payment Processing recurring charges?
Q: I did a refund today. Does the refund display on my Payment Processing report?
Q: My member has entered a payment profile for their bank account in the Member Information Center. Why doesn't it show as an option under "Charge to ACH, debit or credit card" when I go to assign and setup their recurring charges?
Q: Why was a member’s charge declined?
Q: How do I find out more information about a specific decline?
Q: How do I decrease the likelihood of declines?
Q: What happens if a charge is disputed?
Q: What information does a sample dispute email notification include?
Q: Where do I enter dispute information?
A: Follow these steps:
- 1. Access the Payment Processing Report under Billing ➝ Reports tab.
- 2. Select the filter “Unresolved disputed transactions regardless of date”.
- 3. Click Refresh Report.
- 4. Click the link next to the disputed charge.
- 7. When the review is completed, the status will change to “won” or “lost”.
Q: How long does the dispute process take?
Q: What evidence do you suggest that I provide?
Q: What happens when a charge is reported as a “Fraudulent Charge”?
Q: What happens when a charge is reported as an ‘Unrecognized Charge?”
The disputed amount is not deducted from your account and no fee is charged.
Q: What is the difference between an “Unrecognized Charge” and a “Fraudulent Charge”?
Q: The customer indicates that the dispute was a mistake. How do I get the dispute reversed?
Q: My customer withdrew their dispute so I could provide a refund but the Refund button is crossed-out and unavailable. What should I do?
Q: I lost a dispute, is there anything I can do?
Mobile Card Reader - Connecting
Q: Is there a specific mobile card reader that I need to use?
Q: Does it matter where I purchase the Shuttle?
Q: Once ordered, how long does it take for the Shuttle to arrive?
Q: What tips do you have on using the Shuttle mobile card reader?
Q: I'm getting the message that the Card Reader can't be found when going to Pay with Card. Any suggestions?
Q: What Android or iOS devices are supported with the mobile card reader?
A: All iOS devices are supported.
Q: Does the Shuttle card reader work with the iPhone7?
Q: My Android device is not on the list of supported devices, can I still process credit cards from the app?
Q: What if the credit card is damaged and a successful swipe can’t be made?
Q: Will my phone still work when I have the card reader plugged in?
Q: How long can I expect a single transaction to take to process the credit card?
On the contrary, with a download speed closer to .50 Mbps download and upload speed (more typical of slower 3G networks) the complete transaction back to a refreshed attendee list will typically take approximately 30 seconds. No manual interaction is needed for those 30 seconds as the screen will move from one stage to the next about every 5-10 seconds, providing on-screen messages that processing or refreshing is taking place.
Q: Can you explain the differences between 3g and 4G, and 4G LTE?
Q: Does your device support EMV (Chip cards) or Apple Pay?
Q: Can I use the mobile card reader if I use another credit card solution like Authorize.Net, Beanstream/Bambora, Heartland or PayPal?
A: No, at this time only our Integrated Payment Processing is supported. But using our Integrated Payment Processing may save you time and money with all the benefits and integrated features that we offer. View more information on what our solution can provide: MemberZone / ChamberMaster
Mobile Card Reader - Using
Q: Do you have a Point of Sale (POS) feature available?
Q: What is the best way to be prepared at my event for processing attendees the quickest?
A: When possible, attendees should register and pay ahead of time using your online registration.
Q: If pre-registration and pre-payment is not possible, can I add a walk-up attendee?
A: See the next FAQ.
Q: How do I add a walk-up attendee that is not on my Guest List?
Q: Is there a receipt that is emailed to the registrant that pays by credit card?
Q: Can I pay a partial amount on a registration?
Q: If two or more are registered together on one registration, can I pay for just one attendee?
Q: How is the Reference # field used on the App?
- The checking or savings account must be set up as a Payment Profile and they verified before it can be used as a payment option.