If you are just getting started with the SmartCMS, watch this overview video. Otherwise, just scroll down for FAQ, Common Tasks, and this the SmartCMS Help Documentation.
SmartCMS Video Tutorials
Managing Your SmartCMS Site
The Page Properties Tab The Page Properties tab allows for updating of individual settings for each page.
- Published: When the Published checkbox is checked, the page content will be visible and live on the internet. If the Published checkbox is unchecked: when you are logged into your website, you can see the page; individuals viewing the live website won’t be able to see the page. Scheduled Publishing is available with the ability to select dates, times and time zones for the page to be published.
- Layout: Multiple layout options are available. Layouts control how the page looks. Common layouts are Left Sidebar, Right Sidebar, and No Sidebar.
- Title: The title text that displays in the browser tab can be changed in this section.
- Page Description (Meta): The Meta Page Description describes what can be found on the page. We recommend adding a short description to all the pages created, as search engines look for this to display on search engine results pages.
The Menu Tab
The Menu tab is where you can make additions or changes to the main menu.
- One Tier Menu or Basic Mega Menu can be selected. Both options display optimally in mobile devices.
- One Tier Menu – The sub links will display in a one tier dropdown format
- Basic Mega Menu – For websites that have many links, the Basic Mega Menu provides grouping of links while organizing the links in sections, all in an optimal display for multiple devices.
- By clicking on Add Page, you are able to add a new navigation or page. Here you will be able to create a new page, dropdown menu, Module link, or external link. The same navigation options will display if you click the “+” box next to the menu heading titles.
- For a New Page, type in the desired title, make sure the New Page is selected, and click save. A dialog box will appear with page options. A new page creation will automatically create a Heading 1 title for the page. Heading 1 titles are an important SEO element.
- For a new menu title, select Dropdown Item and hit save. The new title will automatically display in first in the menu. You can now drag the menu title to preferred location. Menu titles can be edited, disabled, or deleted to the right of the title. Clicking the “+” on the left hand side will expand the dropdown to show the pages within the main menu item.
- To add a Module page, type in the title of the page, selected Module and then use the dropdown menu to select a module before clicking save. Modifications can be added to the module link to add extra parameters.
- Select External Link to add a page title and hyperlink. You have a choice to have the link open in a separate tab.
The Appearance Tab
The Appearance tab allows you to customize the colors on the website and change the background.
- Primary, secondary, and optional third colors can be chosen. Appearance Profiles can be created for different design ’looks’ for your website. These settings are then saved as their own profile with the current date and time. This allows you to easily change back to what you had at a previous point in time. Example profiles could include holidays, special events, or a brand color change for your organization.
- The background color can be selected along with different design options. A photo or design pattern can also display as the background. A photo can be uploaded by browsing to the cloud and selecting a photo. A full-width display or repeating option is available. Recommended minimum photo size for full width display is 1024px wide x 768px high.
The Site Settings Tab
The Site Settings tab shows site wide settings for your website.
- Add/change the favicon. The favicon is the small image that shows in your browser tab.
- Your Google Analytics ID is added for tracking traffic on your website, and a link to login to your google account to see your analytics.
- Page redirects are also managed in this area.
Browse the SmartCMSTable of Contents