February 2016 Release Notes
SmartCMS has new features and enhancements this month to help you maintain your SmartCMS website. Look for the 'Edit Website' button appearing in the upper right hand-corner of your database to know if these updates apply to you.
SmartCMS has two new ways to add a Video
You can now use the Video Content Option, or the Text Editor Video Option to add your YouTube or Vimeo videos. If you don't have a YouTube or Vimeo channel, learn how to get one.
Video Content Option
- Simply paste your YouTube or Vimeo Url to quickly add your video to your web page
- Use the Optional Title, and Content Styles to customize the display of the video on your page
- Optional Settings are available to enhance your viewers experience
- Set the Alignment and view a Preview of your video, prior to saving
- Videos will respond to your visitors device for best display
Text Editor Video Option
- Allows for wrapping of text around your video
- You can float your text left or right of the video
Go Directly to a Page from the Menu Box
We've made it easier to reach your website pages, through the Manage ->Menu box. The pages are now hyperlinks that take you directly to the page for editing or viewing.*
- You can now click on the page name in the Manage -> Menu box to go directly to the page for editing
- Pages in the 'Do Not Delete' section are now easier to reach
- This enhancement applies to both enabled and disabled pages.
Other Noteworthy Items
- Messaging has been added to the file manager to reflect the file size limit for individual files. The green informational text shows the 50mb file size limit. A reminder message appears if a file over 50mb is uploaded.