Create and Edit Hot Deals and Member-to-Member Deals
One of the benefits you can offer your membership is the opportunity to share special discounts or “Hot Deals” with other members and your community. Hot Deals, sometimes called Community Deals, are specials that a member desires to post for consumer viewing on your association's website. Member-to-Member (M2M) deals are also created here (Plus edition or greater with SEO integration). Members may submit deals through the Member Information Center or a staff person may add a deal on behalf of the member. The
By default, deals require approval by a staff person if the member submits them through the Member Information Center, which can be set to send off an email to your staff. Regardless, the Task List will indicate the number of pending deals that need your approval. After approval, members are sent an automatic email notice of approval.
When new deals are added, subscribers to the eNewsletter Mailing list will receive an automatic email notification. Members are sent an automatic reminder email three days prior to the expiration of a Hot Deal.
- Note: If a member has an active deal in place when they are dropped, an option will display at that time giving opportunity to disable the deal at that moment.
Hot Deal Settings
Hot Deal Settings apply to both Hot Deals (Community Deals) and Member-to-Member Deals. Note: Member to Member deals are available only for those with Plus edition or greater.
- Click Setup in the left-hand menu.
- Click Hot Deal Settings in the Association Options section.
- Configure the following settings:
- Purchase Notification Email - select the staff member to whom an email should be sent when a Hot Deal is entered.
- Fee Item - To charge for hot deals, select the fee item to be used when a Hot Deal is purchased. A fee item (Type=Member Due) must be created in the Billing or QuickBooks module in order to have the Fee Item selection available here. The fees selected here apply to both Community Hot Deals Deals and Member-to-Member Deals. Fees for deals are charged on a week by week basis – a full week at a time. The week is determined by the number of days – 1-7 days = 1 week; 8-14 days= 2 weeks etc.
- Item Price - enter the price of a Hot Deal. Pricing is based on a Hot Deal being displayed on a weekly basis. Click the More Pricing button if you wish to differentiate pricing between your basic web package members and your enhanced web package members. Fees for deals are charged on a week by week basis – a full week at a time. The week is determined by the number of days – 1-7 days = 1 week; 8-14 days= 2 weeks etc.
- Enable invoicing as payment option for Hot Deal purchases - If you wish to allow your members to be invoiced when submitting hot deals, enable this option. NOTE: Cash payment is not available as a payment method for deals.
- Display icons in summary list - when selected display icons will show the graphic that has been selected in that deal on the public website in the search results in addition to displaying on the coupon itself. Only available with SEO integration.
- Max Description Length: (0 = unlimited) - enter the maximum number of characters allowed in the description of the hot deal.
- Automatically create a paid invoice for credit card payments - select this option if you want the system to create an invoice and payment when a hot deal is paid for on-line.
- Automatically create a receipt for credit card payments - select this option if you want the system to create a receipt when hot deal is paid for on line.
- Hot Deal caption (singular) - this setting allows you to customize your own custom phrase for your hot deals (both on your public web-site and on the MIC). This will be used instead of Hot Deal. The custom title will be reflected on the associated public website modules and throughout the software. Website graphics must be designed and replaced by your website designer.
- Hot Deal caption (plural) - - this setting allows you to customize the header for your hot deals. This will be used instead of Hot Deals.
- MemberToMember Deal caption (singular) - this setting allows you to customize the header for member to member deals in the MIC. This terminology will be used instead of Member to Member Deal.
- MemberToMember Deal caption (plural)- this setting allows you to customize the header for member to member deals in the MIC. This terminology will be used instead of Member to Member Deals.
- NOTE: Hot Deal and Member to Member captions allow you to specify your own custom phrase to describe these deals. The custom title will be reflected on the associated public website modules and throughout the software. Website graphics must be designed and replaced by your website designer. Refer to http://kb.chambermaster.com/hot-deals-icon for complete details.
- New Hot Deal RSS feed limit - RSS Feed limits for deals determine how many deals will display at one time in the RSS feeds. RSS feeds are commonly used to display a easy-glance list on your website home page.
- New Member to Member Deals RSS feed limit - RSS Feed limits for member to member deals determine how many deals will display at one time in the RSS feeds. RSS feeds are commonly used to display a easy-glance list on your MIC.
- Enable Hot Deals Newsletter - Enabling the Hot Deals Newsletter displays the consumer signup link on the Hot Deals website page. When new deals are added, subscribers to the eNewsletter Mailing list will receive an automatic email notification.
- Display Hot Deals link in footer at bottom of public modules and Add Member To Member Deals footer link on public modules - Enable Hot Deals as a public module and Enable Member to Member Deals as a public module control whether the link appears at the bottom of the modules on the public website. If deselecting the Member to Member Deals as a public module, you can still select Allow users to add M2M Deals while public module is disabled so that members may add deals in the Member Information Center but not have the link display for the public.
- Allow creation of Member To Member Deals - select this option if you wish to allow members to create member only deals.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Deals may be set to auto-approve (without your intervention). This selection to auto-approve deals is chosen by you under Setup->Member Login Area Options and Settings. Enable Auto-Approve Hot Deals.
Add A Hot Deal
- Click Members in the left-hand menu.
- Select the desired member.
- Click the Advanced Options tab.
- Click New Hot Deal in the Hot Deals section.
- Complete the fields in the Add a New Hot Deal screen:
- Enter a Title. The title is displayed for the consumer on the public website; get their attention with this phrase. The title also shows as a highlight in the online directory search results with v3 public modules.
- Select an Image. Click the Add Image Button to upload an image.
- Enter a Description of the hot deal. To enter the Description, click the edit hyper-link.
- Enter a Meta Description. The meta description is often visible in search engine results, social media posts and shares. Having the meta description customizable, gives you the opportunity to better target your message and hopefully improve your click-through-rate. NOTE: If this field is left blank, it will automatically populate with the first 160 characters of the Deal Description.
- Enter a Short Description. The short description will display "teaser text" in the deals search results on your own website. NOTE: The Short Description field is only available to customers that have v3 public modules. Customers with v1 or v2 public modules will not display this field at all and will only see the Meta Description field.
- Enter a Tagline. The Tagline text appears on the Hot Deal Listing page in the highlighted box – a quick phrase to grab their attention.
- Select a Category. Categories listed are those that this member belongs to. Click the Category hyper-link if you wish to add a new category.
- Enter the Offer Valid' and Through dates. These dates will display for the public on the website coupon.
- Select Visibility for this hot deal. Deals are either Community Hot Deals (displayed on your public web-site) or Member to Member (M2M) deals. M2M deals display on the website under a different URL than Community Hot Deals. M2M deals are only available with Plus edition and SEO integration.
- The Contact Information will automatically be populated with the information of this member, but may be changed.
- Enter the Active Dates. These dates determine when the coupon will display on the public website. Dates may be modified by staff later if no charges are applied to this deal. Charges are setup under Settings -> Hot Deal Settings.
- Click Save Exit If Hot Deals are setup at no charge, the deal is automatically approved OR if there is a charge for Hot Deals, click In Cart to continue to the checkout screen.
Approving Hot Deals
You may allow your members to submit Hot deals via the MIC. If you have configured your system to require approval of these deals, a notification will be sent to the Purchase Notification Email you assigned in the Hot Deal Settings, and a task will be noted in the Task List.
- Click the Hot Deal task in the Task List. The Advertising / Hot Deals screen will open, displaying a list of Hot Deals that require approval. Status of these Hot Deals will display as Pending.
- If needed, click the preview link to view the details.
- Select Approved from the status drop-down list.
View/Edit Hot Deals
To view and edit hot deals, you may do this on a members Advanced tab, or you may view all hot deals in the Advertising module.
- Click Advertising in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click View/Edit Hot Deal in the Hot Deals section. By default all hot deals regardless of status will be displayed.
You can filter the report by active date, creation date, member, status, or category. If you select filters, click Refresh Listing.
Hot Deal Reports
Various reports are available to you to view and analyze your Hot Deals.
Hot Deal Searches
The Hot Deal Searches report provides you with an analysis of the number of times your hot deals page has been visited, and the number of times the visitor has searched by category over a selected date range.
- Click Advertising in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click Hot Deal Searches in the Hot Deals Reports section. By default the report will automatically generate for the past 30 days. You may change the date range as needed.