How to Create a Sales Receipt
- Click Billing in the left-hand menu.
- Click the Billing Center tab.
- Click the desired member in the member list.
- Click New Sales Receipt.
- Complete the sales receipt information fields as needed.
- Sale Date defaults to the current date.
- The Sale Number automatically displays the next available Sales Receipt Number.
- Optional: Enter a Payment Reference # that displays on this transaction, often the check number or some other unique identifier. If capturing a credit card payment, this will be filled in automatically after processing the card.
- Select a Message if desired.
- Sales Tax: Choose the desired Tax Set.
- Notes/Memo: is available for miscellaneous notes displayed on the credit. If capturing a credit card payment, this will be filled in automatically after processing the card.
Note: If Transaction Classes have been created, a Receipt Class drop-down selection will appear on the screen. Select the desired Class for this transaction. If needed, select a different Class assignment on each line item.
Note: See “Selecting Payment and Receipt “Deposit To” Account” for more information.
Note: Capture Payment button is only available for Plus users that have Authorize.net, Beanstream, or PayPal Website Payment Pro processing. See more details.