If you are just getting started with the Events module, watch this overview video and read Get the Big Picture.
Otherwise, just scroll down for FAQ, Common Tasks, and this module's Help Documentation.
Get the Big Picture
- Events added to your calendar may be enhanced to include photos, sponsor logos and information, website links, and event description text that can be formatted as desired. Options also include online participant registration, special members only pricing, and an automatic email reminder to registered guests.
- Event information may be kept for internal purposes only, displayed on the public website calendar, and/or a calendar available only to chamber members. The public events website displays a graphical monthly calendar, a list of current events, all events for the month, chamber-designated Featured Events, and the ability to search for desired event by category, keyword, or month. A printable listing is also available that contains all pertinent event details.
- Invitations may be sent to potential participants and then automatically displayed on the participants list where their status may be changed from Invite Sent to Registered as RSVPs are received. From the participants list a roster sheet, name tags, or labels may be printed. Other output options include sending emails and downloading data to a comma separated value (.csv) file. Using a variety of filter options all output can be displayed by registration status, payment status, or according to self-selected filters.
- Note: When creating a new event, work with the tabs in order as displayed. For example, after completing the General tab, setup the fees (if applicable) on the Fees tab. The Sponsor tab would be next, the Guest List, and finally the Account tab. You may complete them out-of-order if desired but there is a logical flow if working from left to right.
- Event fees, designated for members or non-members, may be associated with each event. Individual invoices may be generated from the Events module for those requesting an invoice, and if credit card processing is set up then invoices/payments or sales receipts can be recorded automatically upon successful registration.
Maintaining the Events Calendar
Understanding the basics of how the Events module is organized will give a foundation for operation. Viewing existing events and learning to display only desired events will also be helpful. Then learn how to create, modify and manage events.
- Event module organization
- Working with the Calendar Tab
- Selecting an event
- Adding an event
- Editing event information
- Create a recurring event
- Placement options
- Deleting an event
- Syncing with your calendar
- Can I customize registration instructions and/or confirmation messages for my events?
- How do I create an event fee item that has limited quantities available?
- How do I create an event fee item that will automatically register multiple attendees – a table of 8, team of 4, etc.?
- How do I gather certain information for an event at the time of registration (meal choice, shirt size, seating preference, etc.)?
- How do I cancel an event registration?
- How do I add photos to an event?
- Can I edit or add to the event invitation that is created when sending the built-in invitation?
- Why is my event showing multiple times on the public calendar and I only entered it once?
- Why does the download of my event guest list include additional columns of items not related to my event?
- Create an Event
- Create a Recurring Event
- Send Email Invitations for an Event
- Customize Event Name Tags
Browse Events Help